|App Name||Unexpected Keyboard v|
|Get it On|
This app is a virtual keyboard for Android. The main features are easy typing of every ASCII character using the swipe gesture, dead keys for accents and modifier keys and the presence of special keys (tab, esc, arrows, etc..).
The keyboard shows up to 4 extra characters in the corners of each key. These extra characters are hit by swiping the finger on the key.
Highlight of some of the features:
– Every character and special keys that are also available on a PC keyboard. This is perfect for using applications like Termux.
– This includes Tab, Esc, the arrows and function keys, but also Ctrl and Alt !
– Accented keys are accessible using dead keys. First activate the accent, then type the accented letter.
– Very light and fast. Use 500x times less space than Google’s keyboard and 15x times less than the default keyboard. No ad, no tracking.
– Multiple layouts: QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY. Themes: White, Dark, OLED Black. And many other options.
Like any other virtual keyboards, it must be enabled in the system settings. Open the System Settings and go to:
System > Languages & Input > Virtual keyboard > Manage keyboards.
New languages: Latvian, Bulgarian
New layouts: Latvian, Bulgarian traditional
The application can now be translated.
Translations: French, Latvian
Improve the behavior of the Action key.
The globe key now opens the keyboard switching dialog.
The literal tab character can be typed with Fn+Tab.
Add options to control the spacing between the keys.
Better integration with the system theme.
Thanks to all the contributors: @Moini, @sdrapha, @eandersons, @Poussinou, Zdravko Iskrenov