|App Name||Flowx: Weather Map Forecast v3.330|
|Get it On|
|Rating||10.0 ( 6350 )|
Visualize the forecast, for anywhere in the world, with the unique Flowx weather map and graphs. Move your finger across the screen to control the forecast animation over time. Select the data for your needs from 30+ data types and 20 forecast models, plus radar reflectivity, sun/moon-rise/set, and hurricane tracks. Use Flowx to plan around the weather, for aviation, fishing, sailing, surfing, cycling, hiking, photography, storm tracking or anyone interested in the weather.
The advantage of Flowx is the interactive forecast map, giving you the ‘big picture’ and enabling you to understand the weather. With Flowx, you have control of the forecast information: compare models and interpret what the data means for you, to best plan your activities.
Flowx was awarded Google Play Editors’ Choice: The 5 Best Weather Forecast Apps.
No Ads – No Tracking
Data Types: 30+ data types including precipitation, cloud, wind, temperature, pressure, humidity, waves and more.
Data Sources – Free:
• NOAA GFS (FV3) – Global
• NOAA GFS Waves – Global
• CMC GDPS – Global
• CMC GDWPS Waves – Global
• NOAA HYSPLIT Smoke Data – Continental USA
• NOAA HRRR Smoke Data (Experimental) – Continental USA
• CAMS Air Quality/UV Index – Global
• Storm/Hurricane Tracks (NOAA & CMC) – Global tropical storms
• Sunrise/set and Moonrise/set
Data Sources – Pro:
• RainViewer Radar – 82 countries
• NOAA NAM – Continental USA
• NOAA HRRR – Continental USA
• NOAA RTOFS Ocean Model – Global
• DWD ICON – Global
• DWD ICON-EU – Europe
• MeteoFrance ARPEGE – Europe
• MeteoFrance AROME – France
• European Consortium HIRLAM – Europe
• DWD ICON-D2 – Germany
• CMC RDPS – Canada, USA (incl. Alaska), Greenland, Iceland
• CMC HRDPS – Canada
• KNMI HARMONIE 2.5km- Netherlands
• KNMI HARMONIE 5km – Europe/UK
• Expedition Marine 1km/3km/9km – Various marine locations
• CAMS-EU Air Quality – Europe
• SILAM Air Quality – Europe
• RMI Alaro – Belgium
Map: use finger swiping to control the forecast animation over time. Choose multiple data layers to display on the map, for example precipitation and cloud layers with wind streamlines.
Graphs: view the week’s weather forecast data at a glance. Choose from a selection of graphs and use the ‘compare function’ to view all data sources at once.
Wind Streamlines: animated streamlines indicate wind speed and direction.
Wavefronts: animated wavefront lines indicate wave direction.
Widget: resize your widget to display multiple graphs.
16-Day Forecast: with pro version you can view up to 16-days forecast.
3-day Hindcast: with pro version you can view up to 3-days historical hindcast & radar.
Graph Editor: with pro version you can customize your graphs by selecting data types.
Map Styles: with pro version you can choose from multiple map options.
Travel Mode: automatically updates the forecast for wherever you are in the world.
Offline Use: after updating the data, use the app offline to view the forecast without internet.
Permissions: minimal permissions required.
Pro Versions: choose the pro version option that best suits your needs, see in app for details.
Try Flowx Today: visualize the forecast and understand weather systems – it’s the smart way to plan around the weather.
* Flowx was formerly known as WeatherBomb.
Join us at forum.flowx.io to ask questions and discuss ideas.
Follow us on social media:
Release 3.336 (7 Jul 2021)
– Added Visibility data to NAM and HRRR in Silver and Gold. “Edit Data” to add visibility.
– Great improvements to Swiping:
– Now the default swipe speed is based on the number of days.
– You can edit this in settings.
– Added a bit of inertia to lock the swipe to a direction.
– Added “Days History” to widget config.
– widget updates after app update
– click clock in landscape works
– “What’s News” added to Help.